Art at Sahale Learning
Creativity and inspiration
Artists know that there are times for working alone and times to work in the company of others. Inspiration comes from within, from companionship with other artists, and from our surroundings. Art at Sahale offers the opportunity for artists to explore creativity at workshops, artist gatherings, and personal retreats. Guests are surrounded by 65 acres of natural beauty, from cultivated gardens and orchards, to river and stream, forests, meadows and wilderness, providing ample opportunity for inspiration from the very small to scenic vistas. Indoors, the workshop space, named the Weavery, is flexible for all types of fine arts and fabric arts. A variety of comfortable accommodations are available for guests.
Workshops can be scheduled year round at affordable rates.
The Workshop Studio
The ground level indoor workshop accommodates 8-14 people. On the second floor is a full-size meditation and yoga studio that is also available for additional workshop space. Outside is an attached roofed multi-use space. The workshop opens out onto a cottage garden and shaded patio area.
Workshop layout can be customized to your needs. For three possible layouts see; weavery-1, weavery-2 or weavery-3. The studio is approximately 500 square feet, with good lighting and plenty of electrical outlets.
The 65 acres of Sahale provide inspiration for plein art painting, sketching and wildlife observation. The scenic vistas of the Hood Canal are a mile away.
Accommodations on the East Campus of Sahale
- A modern three-bedroom home that can sleep 4 - 6 people.
- A cabin remodeled with beautiful craftsmanship accommodating 4 - 6. The cabin has living room, bath, and kitchen.
- Brand-new guesthouse with two double-bed rooms.
- Four full bathrooms with showers and an outdoor hot tub.
- Additional indoor accommodations for up to 35 people are available on the main campus of Sahale just a quick walk away.
- Full meal service available through the Sahale kitchen featuring seasonal organic produce from the gardens, and satisfying meals with specialized diets available on request.
- Two kitchens available for potluck and cooking for groups who choose to make their own meals.
- Irons and ironing boards, full size layout/cutting table, nicely finished work tables with light and appliance plug-ins.
- Camping with bath facilities.
- Tent for larger gatherings or workshop space May – September.
On the Tahuya River, one hour from Gig Harbor.
(360) 275-5117 or kirstenR62@gmail.com