Quakes and Volcanos
WHAT TO DO WHEN ONE STRIKES
When the ground suddenly shakes … What do you do?
Remember three important things:
DROP – Get low to the ground
COVER – Get under a sturdy piece of furniture, if there isn’t a table or desk near you, cover your face and head with your arms (or a pillow/pad if available) and crouch in an inside corner of the building that you are in
HOLD ON – If you are under a sturdy piece of furniture, hold on to it until the shaking stop
Earthquakes strike suddenly, violently and with no warning. Before you have to Drop, Cover and Hold, there are a few things you can do to prepare for a quake before it happens.
1. Check for Hazards in the Home (Make a Plan)
2. Identify Safe Places Indoors and Outdoors (Make a Plan)
3. Educate Yourself and Family Members (Make a Plan & Get Involved)
4. Have Disaster Supplies on Hand (Make a Disaster Kit)
5. Develop an Emergency Communication Plan (Make a Plan)
6. Help Your Community Get Ready (Get Involved)
"The good news: the changes we must make to avoid ultimate collapse are identical to the changes we must make to create the world of our common dream.” — David Korten
/ TEL: 206.755.8404
For questions or inquiries please
reach out to us below.
The Goodenough Community
P.O. Box 312 – Tahuya, WA 98588